Saturday, June 09, 2007

Soft Memories


Several years ago (I'd rather not think how long exactly) I lived in Denver. It was great time for me - I was out of school and starting my life on my own. It seemed like an easier time in my life. I really liked living in Denver and often fantasize about heading back, but life is a little more burdensome now.


To get a little of the sweet sense of those easier times, I'll take a walk through the woods and meadows of the Weyerhaueser property in Federal Way. You see, one of the activities cheap enough for my minimal income was to walk through the greenways and parks of Denver. I would stroll through the trees, amongst the flower, and with others out for the afternoon. They were good times, when I was stretching out to find who I was and who I would become. During these walks, I would dream about the things I wanted to do and how I could accomplish them.


Today, I am a different person, but I still have dreams - a bit different than those I had coming out of college. Walking around the Weyerhaueser property helps to remind me of those days in Denver - it allows me to think about my ideas, figure out who I am and who I can become.

No comments: