Wednesday, May 25, 2016

A Little Pocket of Paradise



I found my little pocket of paradise this past week.

It's not much. No grandiose views although it is a bit photogenic.

Nothing earth shattering in its location or history.

It's just a pocket and a quiet little pocket, just what I needed and what I didn't know I was looking for.

When I found my pocket I knew though that my heart and soul would forever think of this place when in need.

In times of need when I want to envision my happy place, I think of an alpine meadow shrouded in fog. I feel protected and at peace.

But here on this little knoll looking out into a meadow nestled between basalt bluffs, I felt at home. Beyond protection and peace, this place was comfort.

I could have stayed there forever yet I have no desire to encroach on the landscape by building a home. Maybe in that corner over there so I could have this unspoiled view to myself.

Shared with the deer wandering through the meadow, uncertain of me yet also unafraid.

This is my little pocket of paradise.

No comments: