Wednesday, January 07, 2015

Onward!





Two-Thousand Fourteen was an amazing year for me.

I was able to get into the swing of becoming the Chair of the Seattle Mountaineers Hiking Committee - a position I dove into without much preparation. And I found folks eager to help me succeed and in turn, I'm willing to do what it takes to help them succeed as well.

Walking comfortably in my own skin (both physically and psychically) became easier. I've been able to make peace with my past and accept who I am and move forward in spite of my past.

I reached out to a couple of photography mentoring groups and made new friends, sharing ideas and trouble shooting problems. Good honest feedback.

But the best thing that happened to me in 2014 was that I found my voice and started writing. A friend reminded me that I had something to say and that I should share my message with everyone and anyone. I started writing a book for photographers. Not only started researching and writing but looking forward to getting out and researching more.

So now that we're done reminiscing about last year, what's going to happen this year?

Good things.

My schedule is ready so I can complete 90% of my research by the end of next year. Plus get a major portion of the book written and research getting it out to you.

I'll be looking for a publisher or looking into self-publishing.

Fixing my website so I'm not completely embarrassed when I hand out cards.

Starting a newsletter to keep you up to date on my progress. (Won't you like to sign up?)

It's going to be another amazing year!

No comments: